01 March 2012

Australis Eye Pencil (in Black) Photos, Review & Swatches

Hey everyone!! Weekend is approaching so I hope you all a happy weekend! ^_^
I'll be reviewing Australis' Eye Pencil in today's post, so I hope you'd enjoy it and find it helpful!

Leggo!

These eyeliners are available in 7 different shades which is great. The only odd thing about it is that there's an Olive [green] shade which is described on their site as an 'olive green with gold shimmers'. Sounds pretty!


No doubt, just your average pencil eyeliner packaging.


The shade I own is 'Black', but if you own any other shades, the colours on the end will differ. Colour labelling the ends does make it easier to pick from the stash if you have ten thousand eyeliners contained in an organiser.


It comes with a cap (like above) which I personally hate as they are easy to crack and break when they are packed into a travel kit.


The eyeliner itself is pigmented, creamy and soft, but it's not too soft so that's a good thing. It also glides on very well!


As for the formula.. it starts to crease after 30 minutes of application and is not smudge and/or transfer resistant... even with a primer underneath! Mind you, I don't even have oily eyelids to begin with!

You guys all know I'm a big fan of Australis cosmetics.. Sad to say, but the formula of this eyeliner is kinda disappointing. However, I must admit the pigmentation and creaminess is very well-done.


An affordable, pigmented and creamy eyeliner as claimed. However, this eyeliner tends to crease very quickly and is not very transfer-resistant. Also super easy to smudge and the packaging isn't very travel friendly! There are many better eyeliners out there, so I'd say...... skip this.


Australis Eye Pencils retails for $8.95 (1.15gm/0.04oz) at Priceline and Australis stockists.


Disclaimer: This product was purchased by moi.

13 comments :

  1. ooooh, staying power and pigmentation are the major elements for me while choosing eyeliners. Sadly this one doesnt do the job >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I hope they'll re-invent this eyeliner! It's pigmented and creamy, only needs a bit to HG-quality!

      Delete
  2. I use this eyeliner :) I am really impressed with the pigmentation but hate how it creases and smudges so quickly and easily :( It's a shame because I love its formula yet it doesn't last on my eyelids/waterline! Sigh, this means I'll have to hunt for an even better eyeliner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard other users say that this eyeliner stays on their waterline and doesn't budge!! Too good to be true Y_Y I find it nowhere near! We're on the hunt together, it's okay :) I've heard you spoke about Dollywink though? :P

      Delete
    2. Really?? Wish it stayed on mine :( Haha yay, would love to hear if you do end up finding a great one! Yeah Dollywink liquid eyeliner is great for the eyelids... it's not going to come near my waterline though xD

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha! Speaking of liquid liners on waterline... I remember seeing some gurus applying it on their waterline!! Yikes!! >_<

      Delete
  3. Smudginess and creasing are a no go for me! :( Still looking for my HG liner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! Still lookin for my HG too Y_Y Good luck to us hehehe :D

      Delete
  4. hmmm... actually never seen this brand before in singapore. But look okay in ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!! Forgot to mention, this brand is only available in Australia!! :(

      Delete
  5. That's too bad it smudges and creases because I love how creamy and bold the pencil swatches! I still haven't found the perfect pencil liner yet - everything I've tried smudges on my eyes. I've stuck to limiting pencil liners on my upper waterline and using liquid for the actual lash line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes :( Like you, I've also switched to liquid liners instead, but there must be a pencil eyeliner out there which will work right?! :'( *cries*

      Delete
  6. I love this eyeliner! I actually like the fact that it smudges because most other eyeliners don't stay on me at all, whereas even after a full day it still looks like I'm wearing eye makeup - if it's not directly on the watery line of my eye, it has smudged down to my eyelashes. Also, if I'm going out at night, I'll often put it on before my shower and then reapply afterwards and then I've automatically got the bottom half of the smokey eye look done! So it works for me, but I can see why others might not like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...