24 May 2011

Considerations if you're gonna take Roaccutane

This is continual post about Roaccutane, if you haven't read my previous post, here's the link.

Roaccutane is a prescribed medication by dermatologists only to help victims with severe-mild acne, just in case you didn't know.

I've finished my phase of Roaccutane now. A month ago or so. And here's an update of how everything's been for my skin and what I've learnt from my make-up class.

I've been on Roaccutane since mid-last year (around there) and has finally finished mid-April 2011. I was told by the dermatologist that unfortunately 5% of the medication-users can still have acne after finishing, so hopefully I'm not in that 5%, because I will cry my eyeballs out. Acne has been bugging me for a while now, and it sucks boogers. Honestly.

I've finished in mid-April and thank god SO much that it has gone away, and it will continue to stay this way [according to dermatologist and many other successful users]. The few days after, I realise I do have pimples here and there on my cheeks so I threated, but my skin is perfectly fine now.

Now, for anyone who considers to use Roaccutane, there are MANY important factors you MUST consider...

Briefly, what this drug do is that it stops ALL the oil in your skin, so it becomes dry and flaky as you take it.. and this also stops the acne. It also makes your skin HEAPS dehydrated and for those who don't know what dehydrated skin, it's those faint scaly lines you have on your forehead. Go take a look in the mirror now, I'm sure you'll be able to see it.

Because your skin and body will get SO dehydrated, you definitely will need to drink alot of water to help this and the only way to completely hydrate your skin is by your sweat. Yes. I know it sounds gross but that's how it works. Your sweat is the only thing that will hydrate your skin.

Something that also bugs me is that now I have a scar in between my brows from eyebrow waxing. This drug also thinner out your skin, so you will most likely won't be able to visit the salon until 6 months after you finish your Roaccutane. Waxing is a hair removal process that you must exclude, so instead, go for plucking.

Your skin will also become more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen must be applied frequently, but I always skip that step... which is quite silly of me :(

During your process of taking Roaccutane, you cannot fall pregnant also! So if you have a family, do remember your personal contraceptive preferences. Because this drug is so strong, it will cause an impact on the baby and you don't wanna risk that!

There are many other negative impacts which comes with these 20mgs capsules such as depression which CAN cause suicidal practices, so if you're an emotional person, please beware and most of all... be strong!


These days, because of these suicidal stories by the drug, dermatologists no longer prescribe Roaccutane. However, some still do... so if your dermatologist do suggest that you should go on this....

Please consider:
  • Your skin will become sensitive to the sun
  • Your skin will become more thin, prone to waxing as it'll leave scars
  • You cannot be pregnant during the process
  • The drug CAN cause a depression phase which could be suicidal
  • Your skin will go through a phase of extreme dry and flakiness

Please research more about this drug as I am no dermatologist or beauty therapist, so I cannot tell you ALL about this and what it does!


Yours deerest,
----

2 comments :

  1. congrats on making it through the treatment :) I was on it two years ago, and I think the clear skin you get after is definitely worth it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg when I started reading this post I was like yay something to help my blemish problem! But you mentioned all those side effects...I'm wondering if it's worth it..?

    Nice blog btw!! :D will follow~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...