06 September 2012

Colour Me In: 50 Shades of Green (not really, just 5!)

'Colour Me In' is a series of posts in collaboration with Alice of ArsyParsy, Tezza of Myteeefine and Amanda of Thai-Tales!

*****


Not really '50 shades of green'. Just 5 very different shades of green nail polishes I own!

These are the ONLY 5 and when I dug them out and had them in my hands, I realised that they are holy golly unique in their own tones!

Oh guys, sorry for the bad pics in this post... As I come home everyday, the sun is always almost setting so I had to rush these photos before it sets because swatches by artificial light sucks... so my nails are totally not prepped for these photos! :(

Anyways, here are the five nail polishes!


From left to right:

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Blue Reef (thumb) has an awesome fast-drying formula with a supersized brush and lovely pigmentation. It's a deeper teal shade so much preferred for the colder seasons in my opinion! ^_^ Click here for more swatches!

B Collection in Bahamas reminds me alot of what a 'venom' colour would be! It's a bit thin in consistency but works fine. I was very surprised to find out that this had much of a matte-r finish. I would rock this somewhat-neon shade in any season!

Ulta3 in Mojito has a thinner consistency too, but I didn't really like the brush. It didn't flare out during the application so I did find it hard to work with but it's lovely and isn't overly poppy like B Collection's Bahamas.

Australis Cosmetics in Limited Edition 2 is now discontinued but is my favourite green nail polish! It's so lovely, unique and flattering in my opinion. Brightens my day :D The formula is however on the thicker side so it can be a bit gloopy. Meep.

Revlon in Beach is also discontinued (I believe!) and it has the thinnest consistency out of the bunch. I had to pack on many layers for an opaque finish. It is a lime green-yellow with a shimmery finish that will definitely be on my nails this Spring/Summer.


Sorry for this post being a tad rushed! I'm SO extremely tired that I can really sit here and complain ALL day! Meep!

Either way, I do hope that you enjoyed reading this post!


Do YOU have a favourite green nail polish that you would rock no matter what seasons?


Also, Anny, my close friend has told me that some of her UTS friends happen to read my blog too! So if you're reading this, hi and thank you SO much for your kind words!

I truly appreciate it and please don't feel shy to leave me any comments, tweet me or catch up with me on my Facebook and/or Instagram (@the_Beautifool)!


& of course, I know my post just isn't enough for you green lovers, so here it goes! If you're more about minty pastel green, check out Tezza's post for more, Alice's space for an eyeshadow look with rainforest inspiration, and Amanda's swatch & look of some gorgeous green eyeshadows! Walla!

2 comments :

  1. That Ulta 3 in Mojito is a gorgeous color !
    Thank you for being my first follower <3<3
    Hope you have a lovely day
    Looking forward to your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apple green on your ring finger! Why must it be discontinued though??

    http://blog.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...