30 January 2013

FOTD: Color me in Coral!

So I've always been a fan of pinks, whether it be lips or cheeks.. It just seemed like it made more sense because 'pink' was just the go-to colour for everyone around me! But lately, I've been hitting up my old favourite lipstick by Sportsgirl called 'Fruit Tingle' (I have swatches and brief reviews of other shades from their line here, if you're interested).

Fruit Tingle is much of a bright and light coral with a slight spice of neon and as I've been reaching for it more.. I've also switched around to coral blushes to match up with the lips (would look silly with coral lips and pink cheeks). Yup. I like everything to match.

So I wore this face out yesterday to Illamasqua's Launch Preview of their upcoming collection called "I'mPerfection" at Myers.. thought I'd snap up a few photos to share with you guys :D


Yup. I'm still into the dewy look! For my base, I've used:
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation -- I have a sample sized and this foundation is UNBELIEVABLY matte. Too matte for me, but perfect shade match. I mixed it with..
  • Face Of Australia Liquid Illuminator* -- This saved the foundation and brought some life back into my face! 
  • Smashbox Artificial Light Luminising Lotion -- Used this as a highlighter on my nose bridge, cheekbones and brow bones because FOA's isn't intense enough.
  • Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder -- Just reached for any really, but this is a good, finely milled powder to even out your skintone and not to mention that it photographs so well!
  • Ben Nye Powder Blush in 'Fresh Coral' -- I picked this up at IMATS for $10. Must buy moreeeee. It's super pigmented!
You know that I don't really wear eyeshadows, but I really love to play with eyeliners! For the eyes:
  • Face Of Australia Liquid Eyeliner* -- My go to eyeliner! Review here.
  • Australis 10HR Wear Eyeliner -- A lovely bronze eyeliner that I love to use on my lower lash lines! Doesn't last too long though, so I used...
  • Australis Eyeshadow Primer -- It works!
  • Australis Lash Length Extensions Mascara* -- My favourite mascara! It's a fibre mascara which lengthens and separates for a natural look, but is such a hassle to remove.. Meep.
And I've already mentioned what I used for my lips earlier!


I really like coral lips.. I think I might not return to pink lips for a looooooong while. Maybe!


What colour cheeks and lips do YOU usually sport?
Pretty pinks, corals, reds or maybe berries and purples even?!


I've actually never tried berry or purple colours for my cheeks and lips. Maybe I'll give it a go when fall/winter hits!


Disclaimer: Products marked with (*) were provided fro review consideration. All opinions expressed within this post are of my own and remains uninfluenced. Please refer to this site's disclosure policy. 

6 comments :

  1. That lip colour looks great on you! Really matches your skin tone. I like wearing corals for the lips as well or a subtle red to add a bit more colour to my face.

    dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip color is gorgeous on you! It matches your skin tone really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful lip color. It really flatters your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never known about Sportsgirl cosmetics and such just because they're pretty inexpensive.. and well Sportsgirl does fashion! Haha. But I might pick up a lipstick after reading this post and your review :) You looked very nice, by the way. I love finding Australian bloggers, even more excited that you're from Sydney too!!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...