08 July 2013

Latest Nail Fave: COVERGIRL Wine To Five

Don't mind me.. I've been obsessed with dark reds on the nails lately. Yeah.. I'm finally on trend with the seasons for once! :P For a looong time now, I've always strayed away from any dark nail colours, simply because they're just not my thang.


However, all that quickly changed after I spotted COVERGIRL's Wine To Five at my local Target! Let me tell ya.. when I whipped it on, the next thing I did was rammage through my stash, hoping to find any comparable shades.

Sadly, I couldn't find any lacquer from my stash that compares to this shade. I've found a bunch of dark reds though.. Eeep. Maybe I'll do a stash swatch post soon for them red nail lacquers!


The thing that makes Wine To Five so different from the rest is that the colour a darker deep red, but also borders purple in a way that's.... very complicated to explain. My head hurts just thinking of ways to explain this colour :( In a way, it's like the colour of a red/purple onion, I guess! Or to described it more accurately (and awkwardly), it's like the reddish colour of a purple brush! :|

Topped with Australis' Eureka Glitter Top coat

The formula applies effortlessly, which is what I do expect from such a dark colour anyways. It also lasted for a fair while before chipping, so that's a big yaaaay!!



So perfect for Autumn/Fall! ^_^!!

Quite happy that I've found a dark nail colour that I really really like! Can't wait to play around with it a bit more when I have free-time on my nails (as I'm constantly trialling)!



What is YOUR go-to nail lacquer for the cooler seasons?
Are you a season-trendy? 



Off to watch World War Z now... Toodles ma poodles!

5 comments :

  1. I love these kind of shades at the moment. I haven't tried this formula yet but I'll be looking out for this shade for sure!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a gorgeous manicure! I love the reverse ombre glitter effect. Very lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These nails look really pretty! I love the effect of the gold glitter at the bottom of the nails as opposed to the tips, makes a nice change :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read your blog that is knowledgeable for the persons who are interested nyx cosmetics, nyx jumbo eye pencil and other beauty products thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Let me know!

    Newest Post:How to wear one summer scarf in 5 different ways

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...