11 February 2015

MISS: NYX Butter Gloss

I haven't stumbled across a really bad lip product in yonks now. One of my first ones was by NYX, and it was their Round Lipstick range. Well, guess what?!

Striking back today with another miss, and surprisingly, once again, it's by NYX. This time, it's their Butter Gloss ($9.95/12 shades), in Cherry Cheese Cake.

Comes with a doe-foot applicator.

It's quite a lovely subtle-but-still-visible kinda coral shade (actually don't know why it's named Cherry Cheese Cake) to brighten up the face. Smells nice too.


I find that arm swatches for these tend to build false hope for full-coverage lips, but its pigmentation is average for a gloss -- medium coverage, that is. Also doesn't feel overly slippery on the lips so that's good too.

(Excusi mi face, I've just woke up from a nap)

However, what gets me is the longevity -- it sucks!!! Every single time I wear this, I never get more than, what, 15 minutes wear? 20 minutes wear? No colour and only little gloss left. Urgh... Really kills me. I'm not even eating anything!

I'm glad I've purchased this at the markets for $2 instead of its RRP ($9.95). Definitely a miss for me.. (・`ェ´・)


What is the most disappointing lip gloss on your miss list?


For me, I think this may be it. I've certainly came across bad lip glosses before, but never one that won't last more than 30 minutes!

3 comments :

  1. Although I don't like lip glosses anymore, I'm really tempted to try these by NYX, I don't know why! This particular color is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever wear glosses anymore, they just don't last and also my hair gets stuck on my lips when i do wear it, hahaha. I've always been curious about the Butter Glosses but maybe I'll just stick to lipsticks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so weird! Definitely not fond of gloss because of the feel and their longevity, won't be picking these up! The shade is pretty though.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...